Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Official!



It's official! I am a Peace Corps Volunteer for Suriname! Today the Ambassador came by to swear us all in. 23 trainees came to Suriname on May 4th and 23 were sworn in today! SUR-17 is awesome!

Tomorrow the chaos of shopping for site begins. I need to buy a lot of stuff. My house is completely empty so that will be a HUGE endeavor for me over the next two days. Tomorrow we go shopping for furniture then Friday I go grocery shopping. I need to buy enough food for 3 months! Woooooo! We'll see how that goes. I think there is lots of tuna, beans, rice and spam in my future. Awesome...

I'm very excited and super ready to go to site. I have had a great time this past week in the city but i miss my village. I'm ready to start building friendships and learning how to live like the Saramaccans!

If you haven't checked out the Bizarre Foods episode for Suriname you should! The village they visit on the show is pretty close to my future village. It's a really good portrayal of what life is like here.

I miss everyone and i will update you in 3 months!!!!!!! Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, good luck, and I love that dress you are wearing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.



Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm headed to Suriname in South America for the next two years. I'll try my best to keep a log of my adventures in South America.