Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I know my site now!!

I'll be headed to a small village on the Upper Suriname River. It's actually the southern part of the Suriname River but the river flows from south to north so thats why they call it the Upper Suriname.

My site does not have running water and does not have electricity. There is a chance that occasionally it will have electricity because they have a generator but it depends on if they have fuel for it. I'm not sure what kind of projects i'll be doing but that will come later. I'm super excited and ready to meet people of my village. I'll be visiting them this week!

I'll update you guys on the flip side! I need to go pack AGAIN and go grocery shopping for the week.

I got two packages today! It was the first mail i've gotten and it made my week! If you want to write me or send a package here is my address:

Peace Corps Suriname
c/o Jamie Cliburn
PO Box 9500
Franchepanestraat 12 - 16
Paramaribo-Zuid, Suriname
SOUTH AMERICA

Love you all and miss you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything we can or can't send you!!! What do you want or what can you have???? LOL. Glad you having fun, miss you though! Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your address is SO INTERESTING! wow!

    So will you get to your site by boat? I remember the one RPCV I talked to (the one in AL you eventually talked with also) got to her site exclusively by boat.

    So excited for you!

    Remember not to get overwhelmed. That might sound silly right now, but at some point it will make sense. Just remember the sun always rises, so if you need to take a breather, DO IT. :)

    PC love,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenn - i totally get it! but im glad to hear you say it! yes my site is boat exclusive. love it!
    sandy - miss you too! hmm im learning that things that are "just add water" are awesome. like instant oatmeal and soups. paperback books are awesome too. little tally momentos would be cool and pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.



Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm headed to Suriname in South America for the next two years. I'll try my best to keep a log of my adventures in South America.